Figure that I better this post up given that it’s basically an entire month late! I wrote it a couple of weeks ago but it’s just been sitting in my drafts. Not sure why I’ve been putting off pressing ‘publish’ on this one….
I’m writing this from bed, home from work, sick again. I feel like we’ve been hit by minor illnesses more than usual over the last couple of months (and I suspect that’s just comes with having a 2 year old). My default reaction is to feel miserable, frustrated at my body, stressed about all the things that I’m not doing while sick, and pissed off (‘why is this happening to me again?’). However, I’ve just finished listening to Buddhism for Parents on the Go (audiobook), so this time I’m trying to be kinder to myself and more accepting and to remember that illness and injury is going happen. While my body is feeling pain and fatigue, it’s my mind that adds the suffering. I’m still feeling pretty crappy and miserable, but it’s certainly helping me to feel less burdened by the illness.
Anyway, on to my Head & Heart post for January….
What I’ve been doing
- Building and tracking daily habits to improve my wellbeing using the Way of Life app (thanks to Kevin Rose’s recommendation on a recent episode of the Tim Ferriss podcast)
- Released a new Women Talk Work interview with digital entrepreneur and wonderful human Mik Jade
- Chatted about Women Talk Work with Lee Constable on her 2XXFM show/Soapbox podcast
- Having a new year clean out/de-clutter and finally Konmari-ing our clothes
Supporting E to adjust to a new daycare centre (we tried one, and we’ve changed to another). She seems to be doing well and I suspect that it’s more stressful for me than for her!
I’m grateful for
A few random things I’ve found myself feeling grateful for this month:
- Public libraries
- Home grown spinach, tomatoes and herbs
- Air conditioning
- Long walks in my beautiful city