Rough reflections and notes from this week (trying to keep these posts regular rather than beautiful!)…
- I finished listening to the audiobook of The Rosie Project which was delightful and the first fiction book I’ve read in years. I borrowed it from the library via the BorrowBox app which is fantastic and allows you to borrow e-books and audiobooks directly to your phone for free. If you’re looking for new reading or listening material I highly recommend checking out whether your public library supports it.
It was the final class of the September 2015 intake of the She Leads Diploma. It was actually quite emotional to realise I won’t be seeing this group of women monthly anymore. It’s such a wonderful part of my job to get to know 18 amazing women and a real privilege to facilitate an experience of learning and deep reflection. Shameless plug – if you’re interested the Diploma, we’re enrolling now for the next intake commencing August 31.
- I’m still making my way through Man’s Search for Meaning.
- It’s always a delight to see a new Chat 10 Looks 3 episode in my Overcast playlist. Such a celebration of smart, funny female friendship that always makes me smile.
- It was a shocking week in terms of habits (see pic). I’m somewhat embarrassed to put this here. Thinking about why I don’t do these things when I know how good they are for me. Am I just giving in to the ‘too busy’ BS, do I have some kind of self-sabotage going on?
- Tony Schwartz’s Manage Your Energy Not Your Time is one of my favourite HBR pieces. I was surprised this week to discover the same Tony Schwartz authored Donald Trump’s 1987 autobiography, The Art of the Deal, a book which Schwartz now describes as ‘putting lipstick on a pig’.